I was once told that tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to be sarcastic. Being the egoistic human that my friends proclaim me to be, I immediately searched the net for information about sarcasm so as to be among the witty few. Here are some things I found:
2. Urban Dictionary says sarcasm is “a tongue of which the user speaks of something the complete opposite of what the user means. It often has the best comedic value.” and “Your body’s natural defense against stupid.” and “A word that gives you the possibility to play with your imagination when asked stupid questions.” ( Urban Dictionary: sarcasm )
3. “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence.” This is often attributed to Oscar Wilde, but nobody’s really sure. Everyone must’ve been busy being too sarcastic to find out.
4. Best one so far. “Not only is sarcasm not the lowest form of wit, but scientific proof has emerged in the past few years that understanding sarcasm requires social intelligence lacking in people who’ve suffered damage to a section of the right brain known as the parahippocampal gyrus.” From Sarcasm Soceity ( Sarcasm: Definition & Examples of Sarcasm ). I hope they weren’t being sarcastic about this because if this were true, man, you guys really need to see a brain doctor.
5. Sarcasm and irony are not the same. Sarcasm is person-dependent while irony is situation-dependent. That’s my take on it by the way, so don’t expect a link. Unless of course you’d want to plug a USB cable into my brain.
6. Fight boredom with wit and humor; live life amid all the furor. Again, this one came from me, an FB stat actually. Damn I’m getting good at this.
7. An acoustic sarcasm is one where you thought you delivered a killer one but only managed to make the intended victim laugh. Hey, at least get above average pick-ups.
8. Number 7 was actually mine too, and so will be numbers 8 to infinity. But then I realized, there’s no point in getting into a battle of wits with anyone unarmed. At least lemme load up on ammo first.